Learn some basic techniques for sculpting shapes with snow.
One of the joys of winter in Ottawa is making snow creations of all kinds, and we want to see what you can do with the cold white stuff! In honour of Winterlude this year, we’re holding a contest to highlight the beautiful snow art you’ve been making in your own yard and nearby parks. So get out there, work your snow magic, and share the photos with us for a chance to win great prizes!
Snowfest 613 contest dates
February 5 to 21, 2021
Ottawa staycation prizes include gift cards to local businesses including hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- 2 (two) random prizes for all entries
- 3 (three) category prizes awarded by Ottawa Tourism:
- Category 1: Most creative (ex: animals, interesting shapes…)
- Category 2: Ottawa pride (ex: city landmarks, sports teams, LGBTQ2+…)
- Category 3: Snow fun (ex: big, small; forts, slides...)
How to enter
Submit as many entries as you like (snow creations made in 2021 are eligible) using one of these two methods:
To be automatically entered, simply post a photo and a description of your own snow creation to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #Snowfest613.
You can upload images of your own snow creation via the online entry form below.
Tips from a snow pro
Check out these Winterlude videos for tips from a professional sculptor on how to make awesome snow creations!