Ottawa Tourism’s Destination Development team is currently providing leadership on the following regional destination development initiatives. Ottawa
Ottawa Tourism invests in strategies that improve Ottawa as a tourism destination. Offering the best experience possible transforms visitors into the city’s best ambassadors. Our destination development efforts include:
- Surveying our visitors about their trip;
- Offering customer service training to Ottawa’s frontline staff;
- Sharing information regularly with the local tourism industry through membership activities;
- Listening to our industry’s feedback about trends within their areas of expertise;
- Building strategic partnerships to test pilot initiatives or to advocate for policy changes.
In each case, the end goal is to make Canada’s capital the best visitor destination possible, to address impediments to tourism growth, and to capitalize on future tourism opportunities.