Check out these ways to safely experience the city this weekend! Please always reference the websites or social media accounts of each attraction or business for more detailed information, as circumstances can change at any time, and consult our visiting Ottawa safely during COVID-19 page for information on the most recent COVID-19 regulations.
Proof of vaccination is currently needed to access some settings where masks cannot always be worn. Check the Government of Ontario’s website to learn more about proof of vaccination.
Here are just some of the activities and experiences available in the region as of Thursday, September 23:
- Don’t miss RBC Ottawa Bluesfest, on this weekend at Lansdowne! From Thursday, September 23 to Saturday, September 25, enjoy a great lineup including Tokyo Police Club, Jann Arden, Barenaked Ladies, April Wine, and more.
- The Ottawa International Animation Festival is now on! Enjoy innovative online programming including screenings, talks, competitions, and more until October 3rd.
- Celebrate Franco-Ontarian culture in Ottawa at the Festival Franco-Ontarien this Friday, September 24 to Saturday, September 25 at Major’s Hill Park with live music, fun programming, and more.
- It’s getting spooky at Saunders Farm… Pumpkin Season (during the daytime on Saturdays and Sundays as of Saturday, September 25) and FrightFest (Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sunday nights as of Sunday, September 26) both kick off this weekend, continuing until Halloween (check schedule)!
- Shop for one of a kind finds this Saturday, September 25 at 613flea, a marketplace held at Lansdowne filled with hand-made treasures, clothing, food, and more. FREE!
- Enjoy classic Canadiana fun as Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Musical kicks off this Friday, September 24 at the Royal Canadian Legion in downtown Ottawa. Shows continue throughout the year, Fridays through Sundays.
- Weekend Bikedays continue this weekend and until October 11! Take advantage of the sections of the Sir John A. Macdonald and Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkways which are open to active users on Saturdays and Sundays. FREE!
- Enjoy an authentic and delicious sugarbush experience at the first ever Fall in Love with Maple weekend at Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm from Saturday, September 25 to Sunday, September 26!
- Grab your cowboy boots and get ready for country music this Thursday, September 23 until Sunday, September 26 at the Festival Country du Grand Gatineau at the Père Arthur Guertin Community Centre.
- Ahead of next week’s National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the Bytown Museum hosts a special Round Table of Algonquin Leaders on Truth and Reconciliation and Museums on Wednesday, September 29. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.