Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, June 1. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
For discovering local vendors…
- Various dates throughout the week | Find the best fresh produce, baked goods, crafts, hot meals and more from friendly producers in different neighbourhoods at the Hintonburg Night Market, ByWard Night Market, Carp Farmers’ Market, Metcalfe Farmers’ Market and the Ottawa Farmers’ Market at Lansdowne. FREE!
- Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 4 | Visit and enjoy a unique selection of local and out-of-town street vendors and entertainment such as dragon and lion dance, martial arts and more at the Ottawa Chinatown Night Market, starting at the Chinatown Gateway on Somerset.
- Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 4 | From K-pop dancers to musicians and street food chefs specializing in the most unique and trendy Asian dishes, the Ottawa Asian Night Market at Tanger Outlets is a must attend event!
- Until Sunday, June 4 | Sample some of the best BBQ chicken and ribs you’ll ever taste at the Ottawa Ribfest on Sparks Street.
For sports fans…
- Thursday, June 1 | Show your support for the Ottawa BlackJacks as they face Montréal Alliance in exciting basketball action at TD Place.
- Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 4 | Show your support for baseball’s Ottawa Titans as they battle the Québec Capitales at the Ottawa Stadium.
- Saturday, June 3 | Cheer on Atlético Ottawa as they face the Halifax Wanderers on the pitch at TD Place at Lansdowne.
- Tuesday, June 6 to Sunday, June 11 | Ottawa plays host to eight of the top teams in men’s volleyball—Canada, USA, Argentina, Italy, Cuba, Germany, Netherlands and Brazil—in the flagship annual Men’s Volleyball Nations League held in the Arena at TD Place.
For arts, culture and a good time…
- Starting Thursday, June 1 | It’s Saunders Farm’s opening weekend! Celebrate with Trivia Night, escape rooms, Summer Maze Days and more.
- Thursday, June 1 | Celebrate Ottawa’s music industry at the Capital Music Awards at the Bronson Centre.
- Thursday, June 1 to Saturday, June 3 | Westboro Village’s Shop the Village event offers nighttime experiences at local shops. FREE!
- Saturday, June 3 | Grab your mat, water bottle and your yoga buddies and enjoy Full Moon Yoga, open to all levels, on the Great Lawn at Lansdowne. FREE!
- Friday, June 2 to Saturday, June 3 | Come to the area’s largest health and wellness festival to deepen your passion for yoga, fitness and wellness and enjoy live music, local artisans and food vendors at City of Om at Lansdowne.
- Friday, June 2 to Saturday, June 3 | Explore embassies, breweries, churches, museums and other fascinating places during Doors Open Ottawa—the second-largest event of its kind in Canada and one of the largest in the world!
- Friday, June 2 to June 11 | Ocean Week Canada is an annual national celebration of ocean events, learning and engagement held during the week of World Ocean Day at various locations.
- Tuesday, June 6 | Celebrate the Summer Solstice Indigenous Music Awards at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa! With awards like International Indigenous Artist/Group Recording of the Year and Pow Wow Traditional/Contemporary Album of the Year this is a can’t-miss event.
- Until Thanksgiving | It’s navigation season on the Rideau Canal! Embark on a guided tour with Rideau Canal Cruise.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.