The following list includes ways to rediscover Ottawa in a safe way. Please always reference the websites or social media accounts of each attraction or business for more detailed information regarding opening times, requirements for masks (which are now mandatory in all public, enclosed spaces), and/or other personal health directives before visiting, as circumstances can change at any time.
Here are just some of the activities and experiences available in the region as of Thursday, August 13:
- The #MyOttawa Pass has been extended, and new offers have been added! Register for the passport to access savings at more than 75 businesses in and around Ottawa until September 7. FREE!
- New experience alert… Ottawa City Rating now offers Ottawa City Tubing! Float down the Ottawa River on a two-hour, guided trip where you paddle yourself through gentle rapids and past beautiful scenery on this “lazy river” trip on your own personal tube.
- The Canada Science and Technology Museum reopens this Friday, August 14 (with a special member preview on Wednesday, August 12 and Thursday, August 13)! Be sure to note the new COVID-19 guidelines, which include e-ticketing.
- The ByWard Market hosts an Authors’ Market this Saturday, August 15! Swing by to meet great local authors with special safety measures in place. FREE!
- Look up this Saturday, August 15 as the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival and Casino du Lac-Leamy Sound of Light and Festival team up to present Illumination, a huge summer fireworks show set off from eight different secret sites across Gatineau to light up the night. The 15-minute pyromusical show (starting at 9:00pm) will focus on the themes of happiness and hope, with an accompanying soundtrack available on 94.9 Rouge FM. FREE!
- The Backyard Axe Throwing League has reopened with special COVID-19 protocols; head to their location in Orléans to try this thrilling experience!
- Swing by a City of Ottawa museum, including Cumberland Heritage Village Museum, Fairfields Heritage House, Pinhey’s Point Historic Site, Billings Estate National Historic Site, Nepean Museum and others! These museums are now open, with online reservations recommended.
- Patio season is on! Support Ottawa’s restaurant community by visiting one of the many great establishments now operating their patios or open for dine-in. Be sure to call ahead to confirm whether the restaurant is open and its hours; note that in some cases reservations are required. Get your craft beer fix at Kichesippi Beer Co., Big Rig Brewery, Beau’s All-Natural Brewing Company, Calabogie Brewing, Flora Hall, Lowertown Brewery, Nita Beer or a number of other great craft breweries in Ottawa! If you’re looking for al fresco dining options, see more on Ottawa Tourism’s page of Ottawa patios open for business.
- Tune in to cheer on the Atlético Ottawa as they play their first game this Thursday, August 13 in Charlottetown, PEI!
- Visit Ottawa attractions virtually from the comfort of your own home—check out the virtual tours, online exhibitions, and more for fun online content, including a brand new virtual visit at the Canadian Museum of Nature. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.