The following list includes ways in which locals—should they have the means—can rediscover Ottawa in a safe way. Please always reference the websites or social media accounts of each attraction or business for more detailed information regarding opening times, requirements for masks, and/or other personal health directives before visiting, as circumstances can change at any time.
Some ways to get out and support local businesses starting Thursday, July 2 include:
- Be sure to download the #MyOttawa Pass for savings at great businesses in and around Ottawa, including at some of the businesses mentioned below. FREE!
- Hop aboard a boat tour to rediscover your capital! Rideau Canal Cruises and Paul’s Boat Lines reopen Thursday, July 2.
- Book your spot on a tour of downtown Ottawa as Ottawa Walking Tours start back up this Thursday, July 2!
- C’est Bon Cooking restarts their culinary tours of downtown Ottawa (by appointment only) this Friday, July 3 complete with samples… a yummy way to get out and about!
- Want to spend the night in one of the spookiest buildings in Ottawa? The HI Ottawa Jail Hostel is open and guests can stay the night in converted prison cells.
- Head over to the ByWard Market neighbourhood and check out the pedestrianization of the streets! Starting this Saturday, July 4, select streets around the neighbourhood will be closed to allow for more patios and more space for pedestrians in the area. FREE!
- Patio season is on! Support Ottawa’s restaurant community by visiting one of the many great establishments now operating their patios. Be sure to call ahead to confirm whether the restaurant is open and its hours; in some cases, reservations are required. Right now, get your pizza fix at The Grand Pizzeria + Bar, Il Vicolo, Pub Italia, Tennessy Willems, Anthony’s Pizza, Crust and Crate, and more! See more on Ottawa Tourism’s page of Ottawa patios open for business.
- Cool off at one of Ottawa’s municipal beaches! Check hours and opening information here. FREE!
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.