Take a look below at great activities in and around Ottawa over the next week, including the weekend! Please always reference the websites or social media accounts of each attraction or business for more detailed information, as circumstances can change at any time, and consult our visit Ottawa safely page for information on the most recent COVID-19 regulations.
Here are just some of the activities and experiences available in the region as of Thursday, September 24:
- Enjoy the fall colours around Ottawa and Gatineau at Fall Rhapsody, on from Saturday, September 26 to October 25! Some ideas include:
- Visit the NCC Bistros as well as Tavern on the Hill and Tavern on the Falls for gorgeous views;
- Hiking and walking in the Greenbelt, including Mer Bleue;
- If heading to Gatineau Park, leave the car at home and take the weekend shuttle bus from downtown Ottawa – but note capacity is limited. Gatineau Park parkways are open for active users only daily until noon, and vehicle access is possible daily from noon until 30 minutes after sunset only.
- Visit the Remarkable Trees of Canada’s Capital on this interactive, virtual walk-through of the Ottawa area compiled by the NCC to celebrate the wonderful trees in the area!
- Pumpkinferno at Upper Canada Village kicks off this Friday, September 25! Check out over 7,000 handcrafter pumpkins at this outdoor, walk-through event which is open every night until October 31. Tickets must be purchased online.
- Celebrate Franco-Ontarian culture at the Festival Franco-Ontarien this Friday, September 25 and Saturday, September 26! Very limited space is available on-site at Major’s Hill Park, with virtual tickets available.
- The Ottawa International Animation Festival goes virtual! On now until October 4, enjoy tons of great animation films and talks, workshops, professional development and more.
- Things get spooky at Saunders Farm as of Friday, September 25 on select days/nights! Check out family-friendly daytime programming and nightmarish evening programming.
Find out more great activities to do in and around Ottawa on the Ottawa Insider Blog!
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.