Looking for fun activities in the Ottawa area? Check out these options over the next seven days, starting on Thursday, December 7. Be sure to verify details with the organizers as plans can change at any time.
Until January 7, 2024 | Enjoy interpretive panels, fun interactive games, and live animals in their natural habitats during Under the Canopy, a special exhibition on view at the Canadian Museum of Nature.
For crossing off presents for everyone on your list…
- Thursday, December 7 | Visit Wellington Village for a festive night that includes treats, goodies, store specials, a visit from Santa, various family events and much more. FREE!
- Friday, December 8 | Step into a Magical Christmas Evening at Robert Plante Greenhouses while exploring extended hours for festive shopping. FREE!
- Friday, December 8 | Check out the 613flea Holiday Night Market and discover more than 125 hand-picked vendors at Lansdowne. FREE!
- Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 | With more than 30 potters, the Ottawa Guild of Potters' Sale features functional ware, sculptural and decorative pieces to fill your house or make into the perfect gift! FREE!
- Until Saturday, December 9 | Shop fantastic Ontario products from Kichesippi Holiday Pop Up in Sparks Street to help you get ready for the holiday season. FREE!
- Until Sunday, December 10 | Visit over 150 of Canada’s best artists, artisans and designers with innovative displays and contemporary designs at the Signatures Originals.
- Ongoing on weekends | Get into the holiday spirit at Ottawa’s Christmas Market at Aberdeen Square—the perfect place for great food, warm drinks, traditional kiosks and a festive atmosphere, with over 50 vendors. FREE!
- Ongoing on weekends | Meet 100+ vendors inside the Aberdeen Pavilion in Lansdowne Park at the Ottawa Farmers' Market! FREE!
For arts, culture, and a good time…
- Thursday, December 7 to Saturday, December 9 | Don’t miss Home Alone in Concert, a true holiday favourite, performed live to picture by the NAC Orchestra.
- Thursday, December 7 to Sunday, December 10 | Enjoy Christmas- themed family friendly activities at Saunders Farm.
- Saturday, December 9 | Dress in dazzling white attire and light up the rink in an enchanting flurry of white magic at the 4 Wheelies Winter Wonderland Roller Skate Bash.
- Saturday, December 9 | Have fun and get creative at Pique, an artistic event featuring innovative and artist-driven programming, performances, visual art installations and DJ sets, and more at Arts Court.
- Saturday, December 9 to Sunday, December 10 | Bundle up and head over to Stanley’s Christmas Village for a winter wonderland experience.
- Saturday, December 9 | Join pianist Deniz Lim-Sersan and saxophonist Petr Cancura for a musical performance in conjunction with the exhibition Riopelle: Crossroads in Time at the National Gallery of Canada.
- Saturday, December 9 | Enjoy crafts, storytelling, scavenger hunt and vintage toys inspired by the 1970s, 80s and 90s at Nepean Museum for A Very Retro Christmas!
- Until Saturday, December 9 | Press pause and take a moment for yourself during Home for the Holidays at Billings Estate National Historic Site.
- Sunday, December 10 | Mochitsuki Market will be packed with exciting Japanese cultural performances and martial arts demonstrations happening at Preston Event Centre.
- Sunday, December 10 | Celebrate the season at Billings Estate National Historic Site with festive décor and a delightful three-tier Christmas Tea.
- Sunday, December 10 | Enjoy the NAC Orchestra's beloved FanFair! This festive concert includes favourite classics — it's fun for everyone! FREE!
- Until December 16 | Enjoy the ingenious and theatrically dazzling adaptation of A Christmas Carol: Scrooge and Marley at the Ottawa Little Theatre.
- Weekends until December 17 | Explore traditions from days gone by in an enchanted setting with over 30,000 Christmas lights at the Vintage Village of Lights happening at Cumberland Heritage Village Museum.
- Until December 23 | Enjoy Oh Canada Eh?, a family-friendly dinner musical production that celebrates all things Canadian.
- Until December 31 | Check out incredible small businesses at the VIBE613 Holiday Pop-Up held at 149 Bank Street.
For sport fans…
All details provided for the above events are subject to change at the discretion of event organizers. Ottawa Tourism does not take responsibility for changes which may occur beyond our control.