Why the Major Events and Sports team will be your MVP:
It takes a lot of determination to pull out a win.
Champions visualize glory before they’ve achieved it. They prepare meticulously. They memorize the playbook. The Major Events and Sports team knows all this because it’s how we approach our work. We take care of hospitality so athletes can focus purely on the competition. We use our experience as the home of National and International Championships and we create an environment where you and your athletes can be your best.
The perfect destination to host your sporting event:
Here is a roster of reasons to host your event in Ottawa.
- Home for national and international competition.
- Extensive selection of fully equipped sports venues and facilities.
- Conveniently located, with direct connections to major United States hubs.
- Easily accessible. The airport is a 15-minute drive to a compact and walkable downtown
- Wide range of accommodation options.
- New light rail system provides transit to hotels, attractions, shopping, venues, and more.
- Cultural hub full of national museums, theatres, and events.
- Bilingual city with a high quality of life.
- Home to more than 40 National Sport Organizations.
- Experienced Sports Event host: Tim Horton Brier, CFL 105th Grey Cup, Scotiabank NHL 100, Red Bull Crashed Ice and many more.
In it to win it with our team.
Ottawa Tourism’s dedicated, professional team members are here to help with:
- Bid development.
- Accommodation and venue sourcing.
- Site visit coordination.
- Financial Incentives.
- City of Ottawa and Mayor’s office liaison.
- Destination content: visitor information, custom itineraries, photos and b-roll.
- Event supplier referrals: logistics, transportation, entertainment.
- Expertise in organizing/hosting events of different sizes (local to professional).
Robert Kawamoto and Mikayla Palladino will be happy to coach you through all of your event bidding and hosting needs.