E-scooters in downtown Ottawa
After a successful pilot project in summer 2020, up to 1,500 e-scooters are now available in many Ottawa neighbourhoods until November 30, 2021 (weather permitting). Riders must be 16 years or older and must wear a helmet if they are under 18, and riding is prohibited on sidewalks. Escape Bicycle Tours & Rental also rent e-scooters, a fun and original way to move around the city, from their downtown location!
Paddle, raft and cruise on Ontario’s Water Trail
Lakes and rivers make up equal parts of the unique ecosystem of Ontario’s Highlands, with the Madawaska River and UNESCO World Heritage Rideau Canal both flowing into the mighty Ottawa River. Together, these three waterways combine to create Ontario’s Water Trail, that you can explore by kayak or canoe with Madawaska Kanu Centre, by raft with OWL Rafting, or on a luxury private houseboat with Le Boat. They offer unique outdoor adventures to discover the natural wonders of this region, much like the voyageurs did centuries ago.
- Canadian Museum of History: Queens of Egypt, until August 22, 2021
- National Gallery of Canada: Rembrandt in Amsterdam: Creativity and Competition, until September 6, 2021; Canada and Impressionism: New Horizons, January 21 - June 12, 2022
- Ottawa Art Gallery: (Re)Collecting the Group of Seven: Celebrating 100 Years, until November 7, 2021
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Owls Rendez-Vous, July, 2021 – 2023
- Canadian War Museum: Forever Changed – Stories From the Second World War, until January 2022; World Press Photos, July 22 – August 15, 2021
- Aberdeen Pavilion: Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience, August 5 – September 16, 2021
Explore Ottawa with our themed itineraries
Whether you are bringing a group or FIT visitors to Ottawa, our recently updated itineraries will give you great starting points according to their interests. Outdoor adventurers and nature lovers will find that Canada’s capital has everything they need for an active and exciting vacation and multigenerational groups will enjoy family-friendly activities, tours and attractions—from downtown museums to thrilling rafting trips, fun-filled water parks and spooky ghost walks! See all itineraries
Like many destinations around the world, Ottawa has been impacted by the pandemic and some local businesses have struggled to maintain their operations. We regret to inform you that the Albert at Bay Suite Hotel, the Capital Hill Hotel and Suites, the Carleton Suite Hotel, the Fish Market Restaurant, and Tucker's Marketplace restaurant have all permanently closed. If you previously dealt with any of these businesses and are looking for alternatives, please contact the Ottawa Tourism Travel Trade team!