Information updated on September 17, 2020
Canada’s capital is ready to safely welcome domestic visitors! Most of the city’s attractions and businesses are open and look forward to seeing you. Here’s what you need to know about safely visiting the Ottawa region:
- There are currently no travel or self-isolation restrictions for domestic travelers entering the province of Ontario, including the city Ottawa.
- Face masks are mandatory in all enclosed public spaces, such as hotels, restaurants, stores and public transportation.
- Whenever possible, practice physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) or more.
- Social gatherings are limited to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
- Restaurant and bar patrons must stay seated (within reason).
- Canada has introduced a contact tracing initiative which is currently only available in Ontario:
- Businesses are regularly modifying their hours, access and offerings. Please contact them individually to confirm details before making plans.
Visit our Ottawa Unlocked page for highlights on what you can currently see and do in the Ottawa region!
For additional COVID-19 related information please visit: