Last updated on April 16, 2021, and reviewed every weekday for accuracy.
Ottawa Tourism’s top priority is the health and safety of our community and our visitors. While the local COVID-19 situation is constantly evolving, our website may not reflect current offerings. Please contact each business or entity directly before making plans.
The entire province of Ontario, including Ottawa, is currently under a state of emergency and a stay-at-home order through at least May 19, 2021, which means enhanced restrictions:
- People are asked to stay at home except for essential reasons;
- Access between Ontario and Québec is limited to essential travel only as of Monday, April 19;
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants is prohibited (but restaurants can continue to offer take-out, drive-through, and delivery);
- The majority of non-essential retailers are limited to curbside pick-up and delivery only;
- Closure of museums and attractions;
- Closure of tour and guide services;
- Public events and festivals have pivoted to becoming virtual events or have been cancelled.
We look forward to welcoming visitors back to Ottawa once restrictions are lifted. As the situation changes frequently, if you have a question about a specific attraction or event, we recommend visiting their website or social media feeds directly.
We encourage everyone to refer to official government sources of information (see below), and please follow health and safety protocols, such as: frequently washing your hands with soap and water; avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; staying at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people; and wearing a mask in enclosed public spaces and in situations where physical distancing is not possible (including when outdoors). We also recommend that you download the COVID Alert app.
For additional COVID-19 related information, visit the following websites:
Ottawa Tourism has been awarded the #SafeTravels Stamp, which recognizes organizations that have adopted standardized protocols regarding health and hygiene. This exemplifies the organization’s commitment to the safety and wellbeing of the destination, its residents and community members, and of Ottawa Tourism’s clients and stakeholders.