Ottawa Tourism’s What’s Happening in the Ottawa Area emailer and web post is weekly content that is distributed to the Ottawa Tourism membership base, posted online, and shared over social media. The intention is to provide residents, members, and front-line staff with timely information about special and seasonal events occurring in Ottawa. The information is typically uploaded Wednesdays and distributed by email on Thursday mornings each week.
Ottawa residents can sign up to receive the weekly email using a form on the Ottawa Tourism website at ottawatourism.ca/en/ottawa-insider/what-s-happening-ottawa-area.
How can your event be included?
- New openings and tourism-related activities in which the general public can engage in safely are given priority.
- Events featured include activities in which the general public can easily participate. Events requiring pre-registration or that are sold-out are sometimes not appropriate.
- In the short term, this emailer will be aimed at local Ottawa residents, encouraging them to get out and support local Ottawa businesses. As restrictions lift, the focus will shift to also include visitors
- The content is compiled a week or more in advance, so it is best to receive information as far ahead as possible. If anything changes, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An attempt is made to balance featured events by venue, region, subject matter, audience, etc. to appeal to a wide audience.
- Preference is given—but not limited—to Ottawa Tourism members.
- Ottawa Tourism reserves the right to include events at our discretion and does not make any guarantees for inclusion.
- Ottawa Tourism aims to highlight approximately 10 events each week.
- Events included must occur during the week in which the emailer is distributed and will not promote sales for future events, as this tool is meant to inspire immediate visitation.
- There is no guarantee that events which last more than one week will be included multiple times during their run.