Thinking about where to hold your next convention or event? Come to Ottawa, Canada’s Capital!
- Ottawa is easily accessible with direct flights to its award-winning Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW), from all major Canadian cities, major U.S. hubs, plus London and Frankfurt. The airport is a 15-minute drive to downtown–and will soon be connected to downtown via light rail transit.
- Ottawa is home to Shaw Centre, the city’s premier, state-of-the-art convention venue located in the heart of downtown next to the Rideau Canal UNESCO World Heritage Site and within easy walking distance of over 6,000 hotel rooms. And while the city’s downtown is very compact and walkable, the light rail transit system likewise links hotels to the Shaw Centre and other meeting facilities and venues in the city.
- Ottawa’s national museums and National Arts Centre offer grand public spaces for unique off-site receptions, galas and events. These include museums devoted to history, art, nature, science and technology, aviation and space, military history, agriculture and food, and money.
- Ottawa is home to a diverse and experienced accommodations sector that includes major international hotel brands and unique boutique and local properties to meet every need and budget. Many of our larger properties offer significant meeting space and smaller rooms for executive and breakout sessions.
- Ottawa provides ready access to national policy-makers, the international diplomatic community, national associations, and subject matter experts from a wide variety of fields including : research and development, life sciences, aerospace and defense, engineering, technology and innovation–in fact, Ottawa is one of Canada’s leading technology hubs, with both international tech giants and local start-ups.
- For delegates, Ottawa offers unparalleled opportunities to connect with Canada, at national museums, national sites and landmarks including Parliament, the seat of Canada’s national government, as well as beautiful surrounding natural sites.